Learn Repair and Paint BASICS
CAR DENT REPAIR AND SPRAYING COLOUR WORKSHOP
Learn the best tips, tricks and trade secrets. Confidently repair dents and respray or touch up your car in our repair and paint basics course.
Auto West Paint Supplies run repair and paint training days to help coach you in the basics of dent repair and spraying colour. Courses cover everything from bringing the panel back to flush, to learning how to respray your vehicle to give the best, most consistent finish.
Our trainers all have worked on the tools and in the trade for multiple years and will provide you with the best tips and tricks to make your job easier.
With small, intimate classes, we make sure you are getting the best bang for your buck!
Repair and Paint Course Snapshot
This is a hands-on workshop where you will be repairing and painting a panel yourself.
- Runs across two consecutive Saturdays
- Approx. 8 hours total (Week 1 is 4.5hrs, Week 2 is 3.5hrs)
- Week 1 – Going through repairing dents and priming
- Week 2 – Going through spray painting, clearcoats and buffing
- Intimate classes for better assistance and guidance by experienced staff who have worked in the trade
- You’ll receive a detailed lesson booklet with notes on everything you have learned so you can refer to it in the future
- You will be provided with your own panel that you can take home
- Plus, you’ll receive a certificate on completion!
LEARN HOW TO:
- Prep metal
- Repair minor dents in the body
- Mix and use body filler
- Set up and prep a spray gun
- Apply primer and sand back correctly and efficiently
- Mix and spray acrylic paint while running through techniques of spraying basecoat and 2K paint as well as clear coats
- Cut and buff a panel and rectify paint issues
Plus you’ll learn plenty of tips and tricks of the trade to help you along the way.
This is a hands on workshop and you will be required to wear a mask and spray suit.
If you do not have one a basic one can be provided to you, or if you prefer, there will be masks and overalls available for purchase on the day (at heavily discounted prices).
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Self-taught DIYers who have been working in their shed – with our team, you’ll learn loads of tips and tricks you only get from being part of the trade
- People looking to potentially get into the trade – this is a great course to give you a brief insight into the automotive trade
- People who love learning new skills
- People looking for something different to do on a weekend
- People who are vehicle enthusiasts… there’s nothing better than the feeling of being able to rectify imperfections on your own vehicle!
2023 course dates (2024 coming soon!)
Check out the table below for the next available training dates in your area. Hurry – spots fill fast and are limited.
Please note the course is run across two consecutive weekends – if you book for a course you will be enrolled in both week A and B.
|A||Saturday 2nd December||Auto West Bathurst||Week 1: Panel||8am to 1pm||Morning tea and lunch||4|
|B||Saturday 9th December||Auto West Bathurst||Week 2: Paint||8am to 11am||Morning tea||4|
Send us a message to register your interest for our Repair and Paint Workshops